1/8/09

Fried. What does that mean exactly??

Well this post isn't going to bring any happiness...
BUT,
I found out this afternoon that I have fried my external hardrive and that I have lost everything that was on it. I've been pretty frustrated with it for a while because I have been in the mood to finish projects and it just hasn't been turning on. So I finally took the time to take it in to a computer guy to have him look at it.

He called me today just like in the movies -
"Mrs. Morgan?"
"Yes, This is her?" I replied nervously
"Hi this is blah blah from the computer store...
"Well Mrs. Morgan, I'm afraid I have some bad news."
"O.K.?"
"Well Ma'am, your hard drive is fried and I can't get anything off of it. Sry."


Yes that was our conversation that put me into mourning. I have lost all of my photos from the past 4 1/2 years. all of our baby videos...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is awful. I feel sick to my stomach for you, but you have motivated me to start backing up all of our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh...I am so sorry. That is my greatest fear!!! I got onto Scott's laptop last week and all of our pictures were gone. I thought Scott deleted them to make space. I was frantic. He said that he didn't know what happened and that he hadnt deleted them. Fortunately, we found all of the missing photos in the recycling bin. It scares me that something happened that sent all of my pictures there in the first place...

    ReplyDelete